In last week’s session, we worked on self-awareness – where you came from and how that affects the way you lead. In this session we’re going to keep the focus on you, your values, your strengths, and your motives. What qualities do you value in others? What makes you come alive? What are you pre-disposed to do? Ultimately, we will work on applying the skills of leadership to the task of managing ourselves.
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
Come to a greater understanding of their core values
Clearly define their particular personal strengths and weaknesses
Identify and understand their personal motivations
Articulate a first draft of their personal mission statement
- Read Covey’s 7 Habits - Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind
- Read Managing Oneself
- Watch the Buckingham’s Strengths and Weaknesses Video
- Read Define Your Personal Values
- Read Structures of Growth
- Watch the Motivation Video
- Read What is Intrinsic Motivation?
- Listen to Your Core Values Podcast
- Start around 2:05 and listen to the first half
- Complete the Session Two Workbook Pages
Document your personal mission statement and write about your motivations for it.